We look forward to welcoming the applications for Non-executive Directors for the Future Farmers Network for 2024.
Role: Volunteer Non-Executive Director | Location: Australia wide | Industry: Agriculture / All
The Future Farmers Network (FFN) are excited to open applications for non-executive director positions to join the FFN Board. Nominations are now open.
Current Board Size: 11 Non-Executive Directors
Number of paid staff: 2
Board meetings (frequency | Time):
- 1 x Monthly online meeting | After hours
- 1 x face-to-face/virtual strategy meeting annually (held in Brisbane, QLD)
The FFN Board is seeking election of up to five (5) directors. You must be between 18-40 years of age to be eligible to apply.
Area of Expertise sought (only one of the following is necessary):
- On-farm experience; all commodities
- Agribusiness experience; all commodities
- Law/Corporate Governance
- Finance and/or Accounting experience
- Prior Board and/or Committee experience (beneficial, but not necessary)
Applications should include:
- A succinct cover letter outlining the skills and experience the candidate brings to the Board and how they directly meet the skills and experience sought
- A full resume detailing work history, relevant experience and qualifications
- Email with above two items attached, with the subject line 2024 Director Nomination - sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be an FFN Member at the time of application. (You can sign up here on the same day of submission).
Nomination Key Dates
|Monday, 2nd October 2023||Applications close at 5 pm (AEST).|
|Week beginning 2nd October 2023||Nominations & Remuneration committee to review applications and prepare shortlist for interview. Interviews commence.|
|Week beginning 23rd October 2023||Candidates are notified of outcomes of interviews.|
|Wednesday, 22nd November 2023||Formal announcement of new FFN Directors at FFN AGM.|
Interviews will be approximately 30 minutes in duration via Video-conference.
During the interview it is expected that candidates will present their credentials for inclusion, how they meet the criteria, and how they can contribute to FFN and the future of Australian agriculture. The candidate will have the chance to ask questions.
All enquiries and expression of interest emails should be directed to email@example.com by no later than 5 pm Monday, 2nd October, 2023