The Future Farmers Network (FFN) aims to build the industry engagement and networks of young people in agriculture.
Charles Sturt University's mission is to build skills and knowledge in our regions. They offer choice and flexibility to students and work hand-in-hand with our industries and communities in teaching, research and engagement. Growing from historical roots, Charles Sturt shares knowledge and expertise as a significant regional export industry and we bring strength and learning from this back to our regions.
FFN and Charles Sturt University are offering a $500 bursary to attend the AIA Conservation Agriculture in 2030 Conference (online and face to face).
Conservation agriculture has transformed the Australian farming sector over the past 50 years by delivering increases in productivity and profitability alongside improvements in soil condition, water efficiency and other environmental gains.
Understanding the risks embedded in current conservation agriculture systems and anticipating impacts such as disruptive technologies and community trust issues is vital to ensuring that conservation agriculture can continue to deliver transformative outcomes for Australian farmers.
At this conference policy barriers, research gaps and development opportunities will be identified by asking the question 'What might conservation agriculture look like in 2030?’
The Conference will be held via webinar on 23 June 2020, with a face-to-face portion TBC.
Bursaries will be provided up to the value of $500. To be eligible all applications must address the specified criteria. For further information contact FFN via email@example.com
- Applicant must be a financial FFN member;
- Application must demonstrate how attending the bursary event will add to his/her knowledge, industry engagement & broadening of networks;
- Applicant must provide evidence of attendance costs including but not limited to course flyers, copy of receipts/conference registrations, estimated kilometres to be travelled (distance travelled in own vehicle will be reimbursed on a $0.68/km basis);
- Applicant must agree to provide a written report or video on the outcomes of the bursary, acknowledging FFN and Charles Sturt University; and
- Applicant must have fully met the above criteria and completed the below documentation to be considered for a bursary.